Thursday, October 28, 2010

Halloween Treats

Here are the treat holders I'm making for Aidan's class.  Thank goodness one of my kids still lets me stamp stuff for them.  Taryn gave it up along time ago when she asked me to "quit stamping everything I take to school."  I think she was 3. 

Needless to say, Aidan's class will enjoy my need for creativity!



I mean, who doesn't love to get a Reese cup?  Well...maybe those folks with peanut allergies.  It hasn't been mentioned, so I think I'm ok.  Plus, I like to keep their teachers happy....and I happen to know that both of Aid's teachers are crafty.  As in paper crafty...not Beastie Boyz krafty. 

So, here's the low down......

Designer paper cut 9 x 4 (I used Wicked Fun from the big catalog)

Score the 4" side at 1/2 on each end.  
Score the 9" side at 2, 2 1/2, 5 1/2 and 6.

You'll want to cut the small flaps up to the score line.  Then trim the flaps that make the top of the box (like the picture)  I rounded the corners of the top flap (I guess this pic is actually upside down?)   Fold the bottom up and attach the sides, then the top piece will fold over.  I used my "dracula" with a popdot to keep the lid closed. 

Of course, I used Batty for You set,  1 1/4, 1 3/8 and scallop circle punches. 

Happy Halloween, Weenies!

No comments: