Monday, October 11, 2010

12 Weeks of Christmas Week 11

The weeks are flying by and here is my project for week 11.   We made these cute treat holders in stamp club last month and they are super easy and hold 3 Hershey Miniatures just perfectly.....until you have a chocolate attack and snarf those Mr Goodbars right down. I wouldn't know anything about that.   This is a cute idea for favors or teacher gifts or a little something special for your co-workers.  You could even decorate them all Halloweenie and hand them out to your trick or treaters smell my feeters!

Here's the scoop:

  • Using Mr. Big and the Scallop Envelope Die- cut 2 from Cherry Cobbler cardstock. 
  • On one of the envelopes- cut off the long flap on the bottom....only one ONE!  Did you hear me?  Just on ONE of the envelopes.
  • On the other envelope- score that big long flap at 1 inch.
  • Now, before you adhere them together, I would suggest doing your decorating.  Here, I used Deck the Halls paper (really....did you think I could force myself to use anything else????)  I stamped Merry Christmas from Teeny Tiny Wishes and punched out using the Word Window Punch.  I also punched the Modern Label Punch from Cherry Cobbler and attached my saying to it.
  • Match up both your envelopes and using the Small Oval Punch- punch a "handle" at the top (where the scallops are)
  • Now.....you may assemble.  I did use sticky strip on both side flaps and long bottom flap to make sure it didn't pull apart.
  • I filled with candy and tied the handle shut with our new 1/8 Vanilla Taffeta Ribbon...which is so tiny and delicate and cute. 
That is it, my friends.....quick and easy peasy lemon squeezy. 

I hope you are enjoying these posts......make sure to check back next week for week 10!

No comments: