Wednesday, October 27, 2010

12 weeks of Christmas Week 9

I'm a bit behind this week due to the virus that has descended upon my household.  Things are looking up today.  During times like these, I realize how blessed I am to be a SAHM.  I could stay home and take care of my sick punk....and then share the love with the rest of my family, as I contracted it yesterday.  So glad I don't have anywhere to be and I can lay in bed and recover.

On to the 12 weeks of Christmas.....this is week 9!  A super cute gift card wallet.   We love giving gift cards for any occasion and why not jazz it up with this cute wallet?

The "wallet" is old olive 4 3/4 x 8 1/2 ...scored at  3 1/4 and 6 1/2.  Next time, I think I'd use textured cardstock or run it thru the big shot to give it some texture.  I also rounded the corners.

Here's the inside:  there is room for 3 gift cards made by sealing Very Vanilla envelopes shut, then cutting them down to 2 3/8 and adhering them together.  I used the 1 1/4 circle and punched half of it in the center of the envelopes so the card shows through.

On the bottom, is a piece of Very Vanilla cardstock cut to 4 x 10 and scored every 2 1/2  to make it fold up accordion style.    This is great if you are giving a gift from many people.....plenty of room to sign.  


idea from stamps, paper, glitter by Kerin
This is ideal for teacher, coach, bus driver, scout leader etc.  

The belly band is designer paper from Jolly Holiday and is 1 1/2 x 7 1/4.  I stamped a sentiment from Perfect Punches in Cherry Cobbler ink and punched out with the scallop circle.  

Enjoy!!  See you next week! 

No comments: