Thursday, October 13, 2011

WOW Wednesday (September)

I capital L-ove Wow Wednesday.  It's a fun night to really do some cool stuff....I am sure my customers were blessing me when they see how much cutting I had for them last month!


Here is what you missed:


This is the Fairy Dust technique- it doesn't show so well in the picture, but the white cardstock is covered in glitter!!!  I also used this card for my Fancy Fold Swap I was in, so you'll see it again with instructions.


To do Fairy Dust- simply cover the entire stamped image with versamark ink, then apply Irredescent Ice embossing powder and heat set.  You'll LOVE the result!

stamp set:  haunted forest in the holiday mini
cardstock:  basic gray, whisper white, tangerine tango, basic black
accessories: spiderweb folder for mr. big








I love this card, but I know the cutting was alot!  So much easier with the Paper Snips!

stamp set:  days of gratitude, curly cute
cardstock:  pool party, very vanilla, more mustard
ink:  more mustard, pool party, crumb cake, early espresso
accessories- 2 1/2 circle punch, mini clips, pop dots, scallop border punch, spice cake designer paper from holiday mini



 


This the faux mother of pearl technique.  It was made my Carol Barr for our technique swap, but I'm putting it here since I stole it for WOW.
Punched 2 1/2 inch circle from glossy cardstock.  Crinkled a piece of saranwrap and dipped it in Champagne Shimmer paint....dabbed it on the glossy paper and let it dry.  Then sponged ink over the dry cardstock and buffed with a tissue to remove ink from the shimmer paint.  Then stamped.

stamp set:  gently falling from the holiday mini, grateful greetings
cardstock, chocolate chip, pear pizzazz, glossy
ink: stazon black
accessories:  2 1/2 in circle punch, scallop dotted ribbon, spice cake dsp from holiday mini

No comments: