Saturday, April 23, 2011

May is National Scrapbook Month

And we'll have some fun specials coming up.  I happen to know that discounted printing is one and I am furiously working on finishing my 2010 album.  I did it totally digital.  I've said it over and over...but I love My Digital Studio.....and my laptop.  I can sit with the fam at night and watch some mindless entertainment while scrapping away.

I wasn't sure how I would feel when this was first announced.  As a "paper crafter" I love the textures, colors and feel of paper, stamps and ribbon.  I wasn't sure I would enjoy "digi scrappin."  But, I'm here to tell you....I'm a convert!!!!   The biggest reason is because I have years of pictures sitting in a file in my computer and no one sees them.  I don't have time to get out all my "stuff" and work on traditional pages.  I scrapbook- oh, maybe once or twice a year.  My children have seen very few pictures of themselves when they were babies....because they are stuffed in a box waiting to be scrap booked.

So, I decided to do 2010 completely digital.....see how I liked it and perhaps move forward with it.  I will have to go backwards traditionally since all those pictures are not in my computer.   

Now, one thing I was totally NOT expecting was that my kids would start using my software.  They both fight over who gets to make pages.  I'm not sure if they'll ever be printed....but let me tell you how much I LOVE seeing what they journal.  I get a tear in my eye when I read about our beach vacation from their point of view.

So, I still LOVE me some paper, cardstock and accessories....but I feel that I get that outlet through my card making.  Now, MDS can help you design and create cards too...and I've done a couple, but I do prefer traditional when it comes to cards. 

I am almost finished with 2010 and will be printing my pages in May.  Make sure to check them out when you come stamp and see what you think.   I have never been this far ahead before and it makes me pretty darn happy!




No comments: