Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Embossed Ribbon

In my vast Internet search, I came across this interesting fact.  You can dry emboss ribbon.  Cool.  I tried it and it works.

See?

cardstock:  river rock, not quite navy, whisper white
ink: not quite navy
stamp sets:  punch potpourri (hostess), four frames (april special), all holidays
accessories:  paisley prints designer series paper, boho blossoms punch, designer label punch, brads, pearls, white satin ribbon and framed tulip embossing

Attach your ribbon to a strip of cardstock the same width as the ribbon or just a bit larger.  Use sticky strip or mono to attach.  Then run the ribbon/cardstock through Mr. Big with which ever embossing folder you choose.  I used the Framed Tulip....which is a little tricky.  Under the Frame is the corner of the folder.  So, technically, I ran it thru twice to go the whole length of the ribbon.

Enjoy!

No comments: