Saturday, September 25, 2010

Stamp Fest


Chocolate Chip craft ink on Sahara Sand
  WHEW!  What a day.....Stampfest was today and despite the fact that this was our 2nd one in 3 months, I think we had a good turnout.  It was an intimate group and things went smoothly.  Stampfest used to be a big "to do" in Cburg years ago with my upline and her upline.  It sort of went by the wayside and we're trying to bring it back! 

We hope to make it a yearly event in September- and I already have Norlo Community Center booked for 2011....it is by far, the BEST place to have a stamp event in my opinion....which is very biased.  So, mark your calendar now for STAMPFEST 2011!!  



Real Red craft ink on Very Vanilla

My day started with a flat tire and a sick kid, but I still made it to the Autism Fair to help out Kindly Canines, with my therapy dog, Abby.  Ran home in time to get calves fed and now I am blogging.  What a day!  And a gorgeous one to boot!



 I will be uploading pictures of the projects, but I need some nice bright sunlight to get the best photos, so I'll show you what my demonstration was.   In the holiday mini, we have letterpress templates....kind of a kick back to old world letterpress plates from way back before I was born.  Anyway, these plates work with Mr. Big to give you a really cool debossed image on your cardstock. 

How do you use them you ask?  Well.....after LOTS of practice, I can tell you.  You MUST have craft ink or some sort of pigment ink.  Shimmer paint works well too.  It does work best with our watercolor paper (since the fibers are not as tight together as regular cardstock)  You can use cardstock and I did find that vanilla and sahara sand worked really well.

All you do is cover the image with craft ink.  The layer for Mr. Big is: multipurpose platform, letterpress plate, cardstock, and clear cutting pad.  Run 'er through and .....hello gorgeous!

no ink- I sprayed Crumb Cake with water










 


Tempting Turquoise craft on Whisper White

Real Red craft on water color paper

Real Red craft ink on Pink Pirouette

Real Red craft ink on Whisper White


Chocolate Chip craft on watercolor paper


Chocolate Chip craft on white sprayed with Smooch


No comments: