Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Snowflake Rosette

Those of you who earned 500 Club this year, were privy to this "dud" when we we tried to make snowflake rosettes using the Lace Border Punch.  Well, the idea was given to us in our Stampin' Success (SU's monthly magazine for demos) and I followed their instructions.  It didn't go so well and we all were pretty frustrated....that happens sometimes, but I sure don't like it. 

In my quest to find out what we were doing wrong, I came upon this video from Mary Fish and darned if it doesn't work.  The trick is to make your cardstock a bit longer and then use a 3/4 circle on the back to help it stay "down."  I love the look and am glad I found this...so I'll share it with you as well!

1 comment:

Debi Calandrelle said...

Thanks for sharing this tutorial, Jody!