Sunday, December 2, 2012

12 Days of Christmas- Day 1

I am a little behind.....I was away stamping all weekend and I don't know how to set this up on a timer, so bear with me.

For the next 12 days, I will post a little sumthin' sumthin' to get you in the mood for the holidays, perfect ideas to make quick and easy gifties for those you are in need of (think teacher, scout leader, bus driver, co workers, secret sister....etc etc) or even just a cool card idea in case you aren't quite done with your Christmas cards. 

Enjoy!

My first idea is this adorable hot chocolate mug!  If you were one of my stamp club members this year, this was your consolation prize for putting up with me for a  year! 




cut cardstock 8 1/4 x 4 1/4 and score long side at every 1 inch.  flip and score the short side at 1 1/2 inches.  Cut off the tiny tab along the one side.  Cut the scores at every inch, to make "flaps."  If you wish to add designer paper and/or stamp...now is your time.  Place a piece of sticky strip along the smallest tab. 



To make the handle, punch 1 3/4 circle punch, then punch 2 1/2 " circle punch around it....cut in 1/2.  Attach the handle to the tab, then adhere the small tab to the opposite side to make the mug....fold in all the bottom tabs.  I used a 2 1/2 inch circle and attached it to the bottom of the mug to hold all the tabs in place, I used our sticky sheets and just punched out a circle.  I then put another 2 1/2 inch circle inside the mug to cover up the tabs. 

Filled with a hot chocolate pack, a chocolate covered peppermint stirrer and some marshmallows.  Perfect little pick me up!



No comments: